PTE Academic is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. Typically, PTE Academic results are available within five business days.
PTE Academic normally delivers results in five business days, so you don’t need to worry about waiting for results.
Flexible Test Dates
PTE run test sessions 363 days of the year, at one of over 200 locations worldwide, so you can choose a time and place that suits you.
Approved by the Australian Government for visa applications and accepted by thousands of institutions in the UK, Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Ireland, including Harvard, Yale and INSEAD.
- PTE Academic is a fair test. Its highly accurate computer marking means consistent scores and no potential for examiner bias.
- PTE Academic is secure. Give universities confidence in your score: palm-vein scanning, randomised test forms and data forensics ensure universities know your test score is really yours, and mean that your score is safe.
- PTE Academic tests real-life language. Prepare for life abroad as you listen to university lectures and respond to questions about life on campus with our real-life test of academic English.
- PTE Academic is unlimited. You can send your scores to as many institutions as you choose – there are no additional fees for extra score reports.
Standard Price – USD$145.00
Late Booking Price – USD$181.25
Acceptable ID: If you are taking the test outside your country of citizenship, you must present your passport as ID. If you are taking the test in your country of citizenship, you should ideally present your passport. If you do not have a passport, you can present a valid non-expired form of government issued National ID, provided that it meets the following requirements: – Your name in Roman characters – Date of birth – Signature – Photograph If you cannot provide a single piece of ID which contains all 4 of these elements, then a second piece containing the missing element(s) must also be provided.
ABOUT THE TEST
PTE Academic assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing all via computer in a single 3 hour test session.
To complete a PTE Academic test, you will need to attend a secure Pearson test centre. You will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
During the three-hour test session there will be three main parts to the test: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading. There are twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choices through to essay writing and interpreting information.
PART 1: SPEAKING & WRITING (77 – 93 minutes)
- Personal Introduction
- Read aloud
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short question
- Summarize written text (one sentence)
- Summarize written text (paragraph)
- Essay (20mins)
PART 2: READING (32 – 41 minutes)
- Multiple choice questions (x2)
- Re-order paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks (x2)
A ten minute break is optional
PART 3: LISTENING (45 – 57 minutes)
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice x2
- Fill the blanks
- Highlight the correct summary
- Select missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation