Administered by: ETS ( Educational Testing Service )
Valadity: The score is valid for 2 years.
The TOEFL iBT At-A-Glance
The TOEFL is a test that evaluates a non native English Speaker’s ability to read, listen, speak, and write in English through the use of multiple-choice and student response question.
There are four sections in the test.
- Reading: 60-100 minutes, 3-5 passages, 12-14 questions per passage.
- Listening: 60-90 minutes, 34-51 questions.
- Speaking: 6 tasks with 15-30 seconds to prepare and 45-60 seconds to speak.
- Writing: 50 minutes, 2 Writing
Some questions in the speaking and writing sections require you to speak more than one skill. You will be asked to:
- Read, listen and then speak in response to a question.
- Listen and then speak in response to question.
- Read, listen and then write in response to a question.
Reporting: The score is sent to 4 universities by ETS free of cost at the time of exam. ETS charges additionally for scores sent to universities later.
Registration: By phone, fax or mail.
Forms: Forms can be downloaded from the website.
Recruitments for Phone/Fax Registration: Name as in the Passport, Address, Credit Card Number, Name of the Cardholder, Expiry date of the card. (The card has to be an International Card).
Confirmation: A registration no is given as terms of confirmation.
Rescheduling: An intimation is to be given to the ETS 3 days prior to the examination date. The necessary rescheduling fee has to be paid.